As one of the world’s leading orchestras, the Houston Symphony provides exciting career opportunities! Founded in 1913, the Houston Symphony is one of America's oldest performing arts organizations, with a distinguished musical history. Each year, the Houston Symphony performs more than 170 concerts for approximately 350,000 people, featuring an innovative and broad spectrum of classical, popular, education and community-based symphonic programming.
The Houston Symphony has the following positions currently available
Ima Hogg Competition Coordinator
Part-Time Patron Services Representative
Education and Community Programming Intern
Manager, Research and Prospect Management
To view job descriptions for these positions and apply for employment at the Houston Symphony, click here.
If you are unable to complete an online application, you may mail or fax your cover letter and resume to: Houston Symphony, Attn: Human Resources, 615 Louisiana, Suite 102, Houston, TX 77002, Fax #: 713-222-0287. No phone calls please.
The Houston Symphony is an equal opportunity employer and seeks diversity in its workplace.
Ima Hogg Competition Coordinator
Employment Status: Part-time, 12 hours per week between April 3, 2017 and June 9, 2017; 40 hours between May 30 – June 3, 2017
The Ima Hogg Competition Coordinator will support the Houston Symphony’s Education and Community Programming team and other departments as necessary in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of the Ima Hogg Competition. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop schedules for semi-finalists and judges
- Compile information for volunteer committee members as needed
- Update webpages with semi-finalist information
- Develop copy for social media campaigns
- Secure transportation for semi-finalists
- Compile surveys for program evaluation
- Update database with previous winners to establish ongoing information-gathering procedure
- Compile information for publications and proofing drafts
- Put together reports for Committee meetings
- Assist with host family communication
- Secure personnel for ancillary positions – accompanists and page turners
- Liaise with marketing to request signage or promotional collateral
- Liaise with Shepherd School Facility Managers
- Assist development with mailings as needed
- Provide on-site management assistance as needed
- Secure awards – including medals, trophies and certificates
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Effective written and oral skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to adhere to company dress code policy of business attire
- Understanding and passion for music preferred
Available to work on-site at least 12 flexible hours per week, between regular office hours—Monday through Friday between 8:30 AM and 5:00 PM between April 3 and June 9, 2017. The week of the Ima Hogg Competition will require 40 hours – between May 30 – June 3, 2017.
Mission of the Houston Symphony:
The mission of the Houston Symphony is to inspire and engage a large and diverse audience in Greater Houston and beyond through exceptional orchestral and non-orchestral performances, educational programs and community activities.
By 2025, the Houston Symphony will be America's most relevant and accessible top-ten orchestra.
Core Values of Community Engagement and Education:
Community Engagement: We foster meaningful, respectful and collaborative relationships with our patrons and community members from all walks of life in our large, diverse city.
Please submit resume and a cover letter that describes how your experience and career goals would align with this position.
Telesales Representatives are needed by DCM Teleservices which manages the Houston Symphony telemarketing program. Click on the job title to view the job description and requirements.
Part-time Teleservices Representative
Please submit resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org